Danish furniture maker Brdr. Petersen was established in 1973 by twin brothers Egon and Erling. Through changing times, Brdr. Petersen has retained the same ethos of honesty and commitment to quality that initially laid the foundation of the furniture workshop. Located in an old farmhouse in the Danish countryside, a small team of dedicated upholsterers and craftsmen manufacture a carefully chosen range of furniture by some of the greatest Danish designers to a select audience worldwide.
During the 1950s, Ib Kofod-Larsen achieved international success, and his series of chairs, The Penguin, became one of Denmark’s best-selling export furniture pieces in the United States at that time. The light and elegant chairs were launched in 1953 by the American furniture manufacturer Selig, and have been manufactured by Brdr. Petersen since 2012.